Thursday, September 20, 2012

What I Learned Today:

Do not switch to cloth diapers when your child is too small for her legs to fill the leg holes completely.





I've been pooped on twice today.  The first time, I'd just gotten home, and, excited to see my little girl awake, picked her up and set her in my lap, in time for her to DESTROY her diaper, and both of our clothes.  It was awesome.  Bath time all around, and since the umbilical cord stump came off earlier today, Tori decided that post-bath was a perfect time to break out the cloth diapers.

You may already know that this was nearly the only thing I've been afraid of as a parent.  I'm sure you can imagine my enthusiastic agreement.


"It goes all the way up past her belly button, she's not gonna blow it out," she said.

"See how many sizes you can adjust it to?  We can make it really tiny," she said.

"It'll be fine," she said.





Then, she left.





Within 10 minutes, I heard the rumble, and felt an all-too-familiar warmth on my arm.



It was only when changing her into another cloth diaper that I noticed the problem: while I could indeed get the waist as tight as I like, the leg holes were a bit too roomy, even on the smallest snaps.  We all know what happens next.  So baby is back in the disposables.

1 comment:

  1. I, quite literally, laughed out loud. I can see it all happening! Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete